Apple newly launched store on San Francisco Union square have got some really cool stuff and push the boundaries with construction design. For example a 40 foot sliding door, a gathering place centered around a 6K video wall and an area open to the public 24 hours a day, with seating and Wi-Fi. All this cost a lot of money and other cost can be seen below:
- $2.28 million: Total cost of upgrading the building’s sprinkler system.
- $800,000: Value of the 50 kilowatt solar power apparatus on the roof.
- $250,000: Price of the building’s interior and exterior frame.
- $150,000: Cost of installing canopy panels.
- $100,000: Price of demolishing the old storefront.
- $100,000: Seismic upgrades for the second floor and roof.
- $82,000: The cost of installing the signage on the exterior building.
- $50,000: Cost of a single guard rail on “stair number six.”
- $50,000: The price of just the store’s shelving.
- $50,000: The price for just the structural supports for the ginormous video wall.
- $4,000: Price of the fire alarms
Source: Patently Apple