- Phantom Watch will Help You Find Out About Restocks of Your Favorite Fashion Products & Brands
- Apple’s Smart Glass Could Be the Future Replacement for Smartphones
- Playdae is a Great Platform for Parents to Find Play Dates for Their Kids
- Samsung Galaxy S11 May Have a New Display Technology
- Price-Tracking Tools to Get The Best Black Friday Deals
The Dev-Team has recently announced that Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 for windows and OSX is now available for download. Remember that the tools are still in beta so there will be minor bugs.
The update is simply, the Dev-Team have incorporated the limera1n exploits into the latest redsn0w. But added a few extras;
- custom bootlogos for iPhone3G/iPhone3GS/iPod2G users (with qualifying bootroms)
- an option that implements the “DFU” button in PwnageTool. This button (which you can use from Windows) lets you prepare your device for a custom DFU. Even if you’re purely a Windows user, you can get a trusted friend to run PwnageTool over your IPSW to create a custom IPSW. You can now install that custom IPSW on your own Windows box, after you run this redsn0w version.
The update comes with a little note to window users:
For Windows users who have run redsn0w and chosen “Just enter pwned DFU mode right now”, your device is now completely vulnerable. Running iTunes and selecting a custom IPSW from PwnageTool (choose it by pressing Shift+Restore)….you’ve now convinced your device and iTunes to restore to a custom firmware. Congratulations!
If you are timid about software and running these programs…please just wait! Don’t jeopardize your carrier unlock for a firmware upgrade. Wait for even easier methods than this latest redsn0w release.
The download is available HERE.
via Dev-Team Blog