It’s been a few months now since Pokemon Go hit our iPhone and iPad. However it seems as though we have gotten over the hype that came with it on the release and weeks after it. Downloads have slowed and I for one is no longer interested in it. Now the developers have released Pokemon Go on Apple Watch just in time for Christmas. It’s the prefect companion for the Apple app and the aim is for players to receive notifications about nearby Pokemon. The app will also track your distance towards hatching Pokémon eggs and receiving candy for your Buddy Pokémon.
If you are nearby a Pokestop you will receive a notification. Also, you won’t have to constantly check the iPhone app to see if eggs are hatched. You will get the notification on your watch. There is no longer any reason for you to be glued to your phone.
Features of Pokemon Go on Apple Watch
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded