Data backup can be an invaluable tool for everyone to harness, whether you are an individual looking to preserve your documents and media files or a business ensuring that business continuity is possible in the event of data loss or theft. However, what if you didn’t backup your data on your hard drive. This is where Wondershare hard drive data recovery comes in.
Think of the typical scenarios, you have been hit with a virus infection, maybe you formatted your hard drive and you lose your data, or you accidentally delete files that are really important to you. Just about any situation where you might lose your files. There are steps that can be taken to minimise data lost, for instance installing anti-virus or backup data before formatting your hard drive. If not then the Wondershare software is just the prefect tool to recovery the data and files that means a lot to you. The good thing is it supports both HDD and SSD.
Recovering your data is much simpler than you might think. You don’t need to take your hard drive to a repair shop or hire some computer geek to deal with it for you. It can all be done from the comfort of your sofa by following a few easy steps. How it works is, you enter recovery mode, select your hard drive and then choose the files you want to recovery.
Follow the steps below to get your data back:
- Once you download the data recovery software, launch it from your desktop.
- Click next to get to the Wizard mode and answer two questions, the type of files you want to recovery and the drive where you lost the data.
- You will then have two options ‘deep scan’ or ‘raw file recovery. You select deep scan if you lost your files due to formatting. Raw file recovery is use when you’ve lost your files over a long period of time.
- Once you select an option click start to run the scan.
- Once the scan is complete you can preview the data before you recover them.
- Click the recover button and select where you want your recovered files to be saved.
- That’s it, you have safely recovered those lost files.
There are a number of options for the types of files that can be recovered, photos/graphic, mp3 audio, video, office documents and email. During the recovery you can also select ‘all type files’ that will allow you to scan everything together. Along with hard drive the software supports a number of devices as well, camcorders, flash drives, removable drives and more.
There are not much data recovery software available that really works but the Wondershare tool is prefect to get your important files back where they should be. The software cost $89.95 for the Mac version and $49.95 for Windows version. Of course you can try it for free but you are limited to what you can do.