- How to check that your Android device is safe and does not have any virus threats on it
- WahUp – The First-Ever Chat App with Personalized Handwriting Fonts
- PS5 - Where to Pre-Order?
- Racing Games You Should Play on Your Android Smartphones Today
- Lingvanex Translator is a Powerful Translation App with Camera/Image, Voice & Text Translation to Over 127 Languages
So I have taken the step to jailbreak my Apple TV running tvOS 10.2.2 and it was surprisingly easier than I expected. I had my Apple TV put away for about 6 months now because I moved home and seem to still be unpacking. This worked in my favour because the software on my device has not been updated. There are a couple of tools out there to jailbreak your Apple TV 4 but I used Greeng0blin and I will take you through step by step to show you how to do it.
Of course, your tvOS needs to be on 10.2.2, not higher, not lower.
Jailbreak Apple TV 4 with greeng0blin
1) Download the greeng0blin IPA from the official nitoTV website.
3) Go ahead and download Cydia Impactor, this is what you will use to get the IPA file on your Apple TV. Your Apple TV should appear in the impactor interface.
4) Drag and drop the greeng0blin IPA onto the impactor interface. It will then prompt you to enter an Apple ID and password. Don’t worry, this is secure.
5) The app will now load onto your Apple TV. Impactor will take a few minutes, just be patient. You are heading in the right direction if the app is on your Apple TV home screen. You can ignore any errors from impactor.
6) Launch greeng0blin on Apple TV hit jailbreak and again be patient while it works. The jailbreak will run and if it doesn’t then do not panic. Just keep trying. Some users have reported that they have to try at least 10-15 times before it works.
7) Once the jailbreak is successful, all you need to do is hit respring. It’s advised that you change your SSH password.
8) A successful jailbreak can be confirmed when you launch the greeng0blin app again and this time you will see “jailbreak yo!”
9) As part of the jailbreak, the nitoTV app will be installed on your home screen.
Any issues then please ask in the comment section below. Happy Jailbreaking!