Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an effective way to defeat external threats. It can be easily defined as a digital tunnel that accommodates the transit of your encrypted data. VPN is remarkably secure and it is a good way for individuals to use the Internet anonymously. There are plenty of reasons why you should use VPN regularly:
1. Prevent attempts to track you: There are many parties that seek to track Internet users for a variety of reasons. This has become a controversy and we often see how people are tracked for marketing purposes. In some cases, organizations track user’s online behaviour and sell the data. There are methods that marketers use to track your software usage, location and surfing history. VPN can be installed on computers, smartphones, tablets and other devices to prevent people from knowing what you do online. While encryption keeps your data safe from hackers, it also slows down your internet speed. Before choocing a VPN providerit makes sense to compare their speed using tools like Speedcheck.org.
2. Local online shopping from different countries: If you often travel abroad, there’s a situation when you need to buy something from online retailers in your own country. However, because you perform the transaction in a different country, local transactions can’t be performed normally. As an example, it is possible that you end up getting a country-specific version of the website with languages and local products that you are not familiar with. By shopping through a properly configured VPN, the online retail website will think that you are present in the same country.
3. Access your home network: During your trip, you may need to use specific files or software in your desktop computers. With VPN, you may remotely turn on the computer and use it. You can access specific files or use specific software. VPN allows for secure remote access.
4. Secure public Wi-Fi access: Many public Wi-Fi hotspots are notorious for security problems. You can use VPN in coffee shops, airports, libraries, hotels and schools. When accessing public Wi-Fi, you can access the Internet through VPN, so it will be very difficult for hackers to track your information and passwords. Even if the Wi-Fi network is not secure, VPN will strongly encrypt your data.
5. Protection against website information gathering: There are many websites out there that seek to grab your personal information for various reasons. Most of the time, the information is used to give you relevant advertising messages, but you will never know if they actually have evil intentions. Because you access the website using a VPN, people at the other side won’t be able to grab your information. Your location, real IP address, operating system information and other personal details will be hidden.
6. Download anonymously: Torrents or peer-to-peer downloads are commonly used these days. Some networks disallow access to torrents, even for legal reasons. VPN will allow you to anonymously download open source operating systems and software through torrents. Again, your IP and real identity will be hidden when using torrents.
7. Secure intranet data transfer: In college or corporate settings, there’s a large number of resources that need to be safeguarded. Certain confidential information often shouldn’t be accessed by the rest of organization. VPN can also be used to access and send intranet data in a secure way. Any internal interception attempt will be futile because the data is scrambled.
8. Defeat the hackers: For whatever reason, you need to beat cyber criminals. If your firewall is impregnable, hackers will simply look for the next vulnerable network. Due to the strong encryption feature of VPN, you will get an extra layer of defence against hackers.