- Phantom Watch will Help You Find Out About Restocks of Your Favorite Fashion Products & Brands
- Apple’s Smart Glass Could Be the Future Replacement for Smartphones
- Playdae is a Great Platform for Parents to Find Play Dates for Their Kids
- Samsung Galaxy S11 May Have a New Display Technology
- Price-Tracking Tools to Get The Best Black Friday Deals
Though iPhone 6s is not a big upgrade over its predecessor, still it is an enticingly superb iPhone. It is considerably more powerful than previous models. Plus, the 3D Touch option is one of the best features in the iPhone 6s. Apart from its hugely admired specs, iPhone 6s is not living up to the expectations for some iPhone users. In this article, we have collected some of the biggest iPhone 6s problems which have been discussed online and try to find solid workarounds for these issues.
Problem 1: Battery Life Is Poor
Many iPhone 6s users complained about the poor battery performance of iPhone 6s. Though poor battery life is a common issue for many smartphones, there could be a reason why iPhone 6s users are facing this issue. This issue created a lot of fuss online and some users said that the problem is due to the two possible variants of the A9 processor chip in iPhone 6s. One chip is built by Samsung and the other one by TSMC. And according to users, it might be the Samsung chip that is causing the poor battery life.
Apple commented about the issue in these words “With the Apple-designed A9 chip in your iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus, you are getting the most advanced smartphone chip in the world. Every chip we ship meets Apple’s highest standards for providing incredible performance and deliver great battery life, regardless of iPhone 6S capacity, colour, or model.”
“Certain manufactured lab tests which run the processors with a continuous heavy workload until the battery depletes are not representative of real-world usage since they spend an unrealistic amount of time at the highest CPU performance state,”
“It’s a misleading way to measure real-world battery life. Our testing and customer data show the actual battery life of the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus, even taking into account variable component differences, vary within just 2-3 per cent of each other.”
– You can check the A9 chip status by downloading the Lirium Device Info Lite app. The app is free. The app will show you that which manufacturer chip is installed in your iPhone 6s. And if it is Samsung, you can replace your 6s with TSMC chip iPhone 6s. But remember that there is no guarantee that you will see any big difference in battery life.
– Go to the Settings app and check which apps are draining your battery power. Stop or uninstall all those offending apps.
– If your battery power is not enough, you can switch on ‘Low Power Mode’. The mode will automatically turn off some battery-consuming features.
Problem 2: Home Button Gets Hot
Some reports also surfaced stating the hotness of iPhone 6s Home button. Users have found that on some occasions, Home Button of iPhone 6s becomes very hot to the touch. And sometimes it stops working.
- To handle this issue, hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button for few seconds until you see the Apple logo. Majority of the people try this trick but this will only resolve the issue on a temporary basis. It’s not a permanent solution.
- If the hot Touch ID remains unresponsive even after pressing the home button or Sleep/Wake button then you could try to cool it down first. If your iPhone is plugged in, then unplug it from the charger. You can try the fridge option as well to cool down the button.
- If the problem continues, contact Apple customer care department, your carrier, or a repairing shop.
Problem 3: Smartphone randomly turning off
This is another very common issue. A lot of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s users complained about the random shutdowns. When these iPhones turned off, they don’t respond to the Sleep/Wake button as well.
- When you experience such problem, hold down the home button and Sleep/Wake button together for few seconds. The iPhone should reboot. Unfortunately, you might witness the issue again.
- You can check your iPhone’s settings as well. Go to Settings app > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. You can also factory reset your iPhone. But before doing so, make sure to back up your data.
- Very last option is to contact Apple and see if they can help you in this regard.
Problem 4: Speaker and Audio Distortion
A few iPhone 6s users are having trouble with the sound distortion and volume levels. There are reports that when the volume is turned up, some ringtones’ sounds get distorted.
- First of all, check the Settings of your iPhone 6s. Go to Settings app > Music > EQ > from there change the sound settings. This might solve your issue.
- Check whether all the apps are updated or not. Especially those apps in which you are facing sound distortion issue. If there is any such app, update that.
- You can try a factory reset of your iPhone. Back up your data first and then do a factory reset. It might solve the problem.
- If the problem persists then it might be due to any hardware issue. Contact Apple, your carrier, or your retailer.
Problem 4: Overheating
Overheating is one of the major issues in iPhone 6s. Any smartphone gets hot when it is in use for a long time without any break. But if your iPhone 6s is casing such issue without an obvious reason then there could be a problem. This overheating issue can cause a trouble with your iPhone camera as well.
- The first and obvious solution to overheating issue is to let your iPhone cool down. Place the iPhone in a cool environment.
- Any installed app could be the reason behind overheating. Go to Settings > Battery > and check if there is any app draining your iPhone’s battery.
- You can reset the iPhone settings as well to solve the overheating issue. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- If the issue still persists, then as the last option you can try a factory reset of your iPhone 6s.
Problem 5: Trouble in Connecting to a Cellular Network
If your iPhone 6s often gets No Service or your connection drops frequently, then you are not alone, because a lot of iPhone 6s users are facing this issue.
- The first thing you can do is to visit the Settings app and make sure your Cellular Data is on.
- You can try restarting your iPhone 6s. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for few seconds and turn off the iPhone. Do the same exercise to turn on your iPhone again.
- Take the SIM card out of your iPhone and put it back again. If the problem continues, then try the SIM card in another phone. If the issue is with your SIM card then replace it with a new one.
- You can try the Resetting option. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Make sure you are getting maximum cellular network signals. Sometimes low signals also cause this issue.
- Also, make sure that your iOS version is up to date.
Problem 6: The iPhone Won’t Turn On
Are you worried that your iPhone is suddenly turned off and it’s not turning back on? Well, try out the following solutions.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for up to 30 seconds or until you see the Apple logo.
- Your iPhone battery might be dead. Charge your iPhone 6s for at least thirty minutes and then try the step number one again.
- Still facing the issue? Then pay a visit to any official Apple Store.
Problem 7: Unresponsive Touchscreen
Many iPhone 6s users also complained about the unresponsiveness of the touchscreen. Though this issue hasn’t any universal solution, however, you can try the following workarounds.
- First of all, check whether your iPhone 6s screen is dirty or not. If there is any case on the screen, then remove it and see if makes any difference.
- Press and hold the home and Sleep/Wake button together until you see Apple logo.
- Connect your iPhone 6s to your PC or laptop. Launch the iTunes > select your device > Backups > click on This computer > click on Encrypt iPhone backup > click Backup now. When the process is done, click Restore iPhone.
- As the last home fix, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Remember that, before doing this step it is strongly recommended to back up your data.
- If you see the problem again then contact Apple, your retailer, or your carrier.
Problem 8: iPhone 6s won’t charge
Some reports are circulating on the online forums that iPhone 6s also has to charge problem. Well, this issue can happen to any iPhone model and troubleshooting process is always the same.
- As usual, the first step is to turn off and on your iPhone device. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for few seconds.
- If you are using any third-party charger to charge your iPhone then we suggest using the charger that came in the iPhone box.
- Plug your iPhone 6s charger into a different power socket.
- The dust inside your iPhone’s charging port might be causing the issue. Take an old toothbrush or air blower and carefully clean the charging port and both ends of the charging cable.
- Check whether your charging cable has any damages or not. If there is any then use the alternative cable for charging.
- Last option is to contact Apple, your retailer, or your carrier.
Problem 9: AirDrop Not Working
Some users also complained about having trouble with AirDrop functionality. Let’s find out the possible fixes for this issue.
- Swipe up from your iPhone home screen and see if the AirDrop option is toggled on. If you can’t see AirDrop feature on your home screen, then you can find it by going to Settings > General > AirDrop.
- When AirDrop is not responding, then swipe up from the home screen and open the Control Centre. Turn off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services. Turn off and on the iPhone device. After that, launch the Control Centre again > tap AirDrop > Everyone, and try to use the AirDrop. Hopefully, this process will make the AirDrop feature to work. Remember to turn off the AirDrop feature when you finished using it.
Problem 10: Safari App gets Freeze
A lot of people complain that tapping hyperlinks in Safari, Mail, and other apps cause the app to freeze, resulting in the crashing the app itself.
- Open Safari or any other problematic app. Then press and hold Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the official Apple logo.
- You can use any other web browser instead of Safari.
If all the above fixes have failed, what is the best solution then?
After trying all of the above mentioned fixes, your iPhone 6s still facing problems then the last possible solution is to sell it. The best way to do is to sell iPhone online.
SellTheMobile, offers you some great deals on your new, used, even broken iPhones. So, sell your iPhone 6s at SellTheMobile and get enough cash to buy your favourite phone.