Healthcare covers a range of elements, including maintenance, improvement, prevention, and diagnosis, offered by organizations that are both formal institutions such as hospitals and health clinics as well as supportive care businesses such as pharmaceutical companies, physical fitness centres, acupressure, spa, and others. These elements together constitute the healthcare industry, which is diverse but at the same time closely linked with each other.
Where large institutions heavily spend on technologies right from tracking the patient’s medical history to billing, smaller organizations and especially institutions in an alternative segment are untouched to advanced software. Their main focus is on hardware-building facilities for the customers, without stressing much on the customers themselves.
What Small and Medium Scale Healthcare Enterprises Lack?
A well-aligned business process, the ability to understand their customer’s preferences, client-retention, and most importantly, being customer or patient-centric.
What do they lose?
The answer is simple. More business. Customer engagement is the key to success in the business today, and since small and medium scale healthcare enterprises are less focused towards patient engagement and developing an intelligent care platform, they are likely to lose business.
How Going Mobile Can Help Small and Medium Scale Healthcare Enterprises
Being on mobile help small and medium scale healthcare enterprises to connect with their customers 24X7 and use analytics to identify their behaviour patterns and target campaigns accordingly, while also making business scalable through process automation.
In the digital age and the era of start-ups, businesses have to consider different aspects of achieving success. Developing effective process automation strategies, better resource management initiatives, and marketing and loyalty programs are essential for operating a modern business.
To begin with, healthcare enterprises need to create a mobile mindset to process information shared within and outside the organization.
According to Cisco’s Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 50% of the global devices will be smartphones. Similar statics is shared by Pew Research that reveals that 95% of Americans have cell phones, out of which, 77% are Smartphones. There’s a lot of data in healthcare and how can it help us is a question we need to ask.
What does this mean for the healthcare enterprises?
It means they can connect with their stakeholders, employees, patients, vendors, and customers through different platforms and channels to communicate what can be done and at what level.
Already, large enterprises have partnered with mobile app development companies to create apps for a range of purposes, such as Emergency and Urgent Care Apps, Specialty Apps, Outpatient Apps, General Hospital Apps, and more.
It is time for young organizations to adopt industry-best practices and become the king of communication, engagement, and conversion.
3 Key Reasons Why Mobile Healthcare is the Need of Time
Below are the key reasons, including what type of mobile apps could help healthcare enterprises in realizing their full capabilities.
- Making the Patients/Customers Hospital Ready
Mobile apps provide an outlook of the hospital or fitness centres for the patients or customers before they have actually entered the premises or met the people. This outlook helps in generating trust and keeping them engaged with facts and fun material. Here are the three types of apps SMEs can focus on:
- Referral Apps: Physician referral apps are an excellent way to create a relationship between patients and physicians. Through these apps, patients can access the profiles of physicians and ensure that they are dealing with the right physician.
- General Info Apps: This app enables the patient to get a virtual tour of the institution, including gallery snapshots, key people, social media profiles, event updates, and more.
- Routing Apps: These apps help find a location so that patients can find the location as well as navigate through various departments and check out the facilities according to their convenience.
- Outpatient Apps: These apps provide key information and notification to outpatients, providing them access to important phone numbers, ability to track fees, and healthcare facilities.
Get connected to a mobile app development company to develop an intuitive, feature-rich app that improves your online presence, connect you with your prospective customers, provide help to the patients, and increase your process efficiency.
- Providing Better Experience to Enhance Trust
Apps can help build trust among patients. Hospital or supportive care centres can use the apps to provide guidance related to general wellness to their patients. Pharmaceutical companies can also send notifications to their customers about new orders at the month end.
- Dedicated OPD Apps: Provide information to anxious patients struggling with major disease and so require a regular visit from the customers. These apps can also provide general information to speciality care patients.
- Emergency Care Apps: The app is a great way to comfort patients who need urgent care. They don’t have to witness a mayhem during an emergency and reach the destination as quickly as possible. It also gives an opportunity for hospitals and fitness centres to arrange things before the arrival of patients and handle the crisis better.
Easy-to-download, interactive apps can take your business to next level by enabling patients and customers to connect with you easily and quickly.
- Help Patients Feel Connected
Patients must feel all the time that they are in safe hands. A ubiquitous presence is beneficial to generate this feeling in patients, while also generating trust. Hospitals and supportive care centres can use apps for tracking medical history of the patients to guide them confidently. To keep the patients connected, here is the list of apps, they can use:
- Guidance and Advice on Wellness Apps: Provide guidance and advice to the patients regarding the general well-being. The app can also be used to create groups, share reward points, and maintain loyalty programs.
- Medication Tracking Apps: The app can help track the medication of the patients, providing them alerts to take meals and pills on time. This way they can reduce the no. of hospital visits and take better care of themselves.
The core of all these apps is to help healthcare enterprises focus on the users, patients, visitors, and customers. Healthcare companies create objective-specific apps or multi-purpose apps to showcase their competencies to the users. Besides, they can also use the apps to carry out their digital marketing activities and instilling the confidence in customers.
Siya Carla is Business Development Manager at Finoit Technologies, a leading custom software development company which turns ideas into reality by providing unique web design and mobile app development services. By creating intuitive, user-friendly, and interactive apps for more than 450 customers throughout the globe, we enjoy a great reputation as a customer-friendly mobile app development company in the market.