Sony has officially revealed its upcoming gaming console. The basic color scheme of the PlayStation 5 will be white and black. The console stands vertically, just like the way Xbox Series X is positioned. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will be two different designs. Here is a direct comparison of their features:
Sony PlayStation 5
- Very quick load times: PlayStation 5 will feel very responsive because its SSD will have 5.5GB per second data transfer. Mark Cerny, the lead system architect of PlayStation 5 promised that the exclusive game Spider-Man will load in less than one second. With that transfer speed, the PlayStation 5 will be 100 times faster compared to the PS4, in terms of processing speed.
- 3D audio technology: The PlayStation 5 will be equipped with the Tempest Engine, which ensures comprehensive 3D audio. The Tempest Engine is a modified form of AMD GPU that will process the audio data of PlayStation 5. It means that gamers will enjoy the impressive and immersive sound quality. The 3D audio should be compatible with typical audio setups at home and built-in TV speakers. However, it is better when listened with high-quality headphones.
- DualSense Controller: The DualSense Controller will be the game-changing feature of the PlayStation 5. It is a complete redesign of the current controller, the DualShock 4. It will be a huge leap in controller technology. It will have integrated rechargeable battery, integrated microphone for a multiplayer session, USB-C port, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback.
- PlayStation VR 2: PlayStation 5 will open up an entire world of immersive experience and technical possibilities for game developers. The PlayStation VR 2 will add new layers of control and interaction for gamers. It will be something never seen and experienced on a consumer-level gaming console. The PlayStation VR 2 should introduce a load of new enhancements like better ergonomics, improved display, and seamless motion control.
- Comprehensive built-in services: Within the Xbox Series X, there’s an integrated solution for comprehensive supports for users. With just $10 each month, Xbox owners can access the Xbox Game Pass service. This allows them to access more than 100 games. With this service, they could also get Microsoft’s own games immediately after the official launch. At the moment, Sony doesn’t offer a similarly comprehensive service. The PlayStation Now service is offering mostly older games and there’s limited access to newer triple-A games. There’s still no confirmation from Sony that they will offer something similar.
- Excellent backward compatibility: It has been officially confirmed that Xbox Series X will provide full support for thousands of older games for the original Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Traditionally, PlayStation consoles fall way behind in terms of compatibility with legacy games.
- Expansive ecosystem: With Xbox Series X, Microsoft will offer a rich ecosystem that includes Windows 10 devices and multiple Xbox models. For some games like Halo Infinite, gamers can hop seamlessly between different devices like PC and Xbox to pick up where they left off. The ecosystem also includes cloud services, so it will be easy to stream the game to PC.