You Can Transfer Data From Android to iPhone
Switching phones doesn’t mean you have to spend hours to re-import your data into the new phone. In fact, you can transfer various kinds of data between Android and iOS phones. Here is how:
- Start your new iPhone.
- Do the initial setups until you reach Apps & Data session.
- Select Move Data from Android.
- A code will show up on your iPhone’s screen
- On your Android phone, download the Move to iOS app. It is available for free on the Play Store.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Find Your Code screen.
- Enter the code at the step 4 on your iPhone into your Android phone.
- Select which kind of data you want to transfer and hit Next.
- The transfer will start and it should take some time depending on the size of your data. You won’t be able to use both of the phones during this process.
- After the process is complete, continue to set up your new iPhone.
That’s how you transfer most of your data from Android to iOS. Keep in mind that this method only transfers your messages, photos, and notes to your new phone.
For years, iPhone users have been using the same home screen over and over again. The Apps’ icons were in the same grid and layout, and nothing you could do to change it. Luckily, this issue has been fixed by Apple’s itself with the introduction of iOS 14. In the new version, users are given the ability to customize your home-screen, a core feature of iOS 14 that allows everyone to have a new home screen that’s entirely unique. However, this feature has been available on Android devices for a long time. Of course, the widget customization feature on iOS looks more polished in design, but the process to do any theming or customization is much more complicated compared to Android. You can check out this post to learn about iOS 14 features.
Differences in Apps
Most popular apps and games are available on both Android and iOS such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. However, when it comes to third-party apps, you won’t be able to find and install them on the iPhone like the way you do it on Android. The reason behind this is that Apple controls both the hardware and software ecosystem, thereby limiting the compatibility of third-party apps. Only the Apple-trusted developers can get their apps on the App Store. Meanwhile, Android is more of an open operating system for all developers. As a result, you will find a lot of apps that are only available on the Play Store.
That said, the iPhone does have its own exclusive apps. In addition, limiting third-party apps also makes the iPhone more secure than Android phone as they may contain trojan or virus that can damage your phone.
You Can Use Some Of the Google Services On iPhone
When you move from Android to iPhone, you can still use some of Google’s services like Google Maps, Gmail, Google Docs, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Hangouts, and Google Play Music. You can easily find them on the App Store. However, not all of Android apps are available on iOS, notably Google Calendar, Google Goggles, and My Tracks.
There you go, there are 4 things you should note when switching your phones. Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts in the section below.