Nowadays, Apple Cash has become a popular way to send money to your friends and family thanks to its seamless integration in the Messages app. And, with the new update of iOS 14, this mobile payment is improved with the new Apple Cash Family. This Apple cash expansion gives you the ability to share and manage funds for your kids. However, there are a few conditions that you need to follow in order to use the feature. Read on to know how to use Apple Cash Family on iPhone.
Requirements for using Apple Cash Family
Before getting started, make sure you have updated to the latest iOS 14. Also, you need to activate your Family Sharing. Then, use that same Apple ID you use for Family Sharing to set up Apple Cash Family.
Other requirements for family members are:
- Having a compatible device with the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS installed.
- Sign in to iCloud using their Apple ID.
- Have two-factor authentication activated for each Apple ID.
- The device region must be set to the United States.
Set up Apple Cash Family for Your Kids
Follow these step to start using Apple Cash Family:
- On the family organizer’s iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Tap on the user name at the top.
- Choose Family Sharing.
- Then, select Apple Cash.
- Choose your child or teen.
- Tap Set Up Apple Cash.
- Next, choose Continue.
- Select who your child can send Apple Cash to using Messages. The options are Everyone, Contacts Only, or Family Members Only and this setting can be changed at any time.
- After that, tap Continue.
- Read the Terms and Conditions page. Finally, choose Agree to finish.
Follow the remaining instructions to set up the Apple Cash Family account, which includes verifying your identity. In addition, if any new transaction is listed as “Pending”, make sure your child meets the requirements.
Check Apple Cash Family Transactions
Here is how to view Apple Cash transactions on iPhone:
- Open your Apple Cash card in the Wallet app.
- Choose More.
- Scroll down and tap on your child’s name.
Here, you will see many different options that depend on whether you’re the Family Organizer or a parent/guardian. Here’s what you can do:
As the family organizer, you can:
- See your child’s Apple Cash balance and their transactions.
- Choose who your kids can send money to. However, it’s only limited at 3 options: Everyone, Contacts Only, or Family Members Only.
- Turn on “Notify Me When Makes Any Transaction” to receive notifications for new transactions.
- Lock Apple Cash so your child can’t buy, send and receive money in Messages.
Parent or Guardian
As a parent or guardian, your options are a little bit less.
- View your child’s Apple Cash balance.
- View your child’s transactions.
- Turn on “Notify Me When Makes Any Transaction” to receive notifications when your family member make a transaction.
Now, your kids can use Apple Cash just like everyone else with the restrictions you put in place. If you have any questions or issues while using the Apple Cash, let us know in the comments!